Thursday, March 03, 2011

Oh, the places I'll go (and so will you!)..



Dearest Dr. Seuss,

Today is your day, Happy Birthday to you! =) Thank you for the day you came and the beautiful gift you became. Your comforting words have always managed to lift up my spirit on good days, bad days, and all the days in between. Thank you for all the life lessons you packed into your whimsical words and enchantingly outrageous characters. One of my all time favorite and unforgettable book of yours is ‘Oh, the Places You’ll Go.’ I must have read it over two dozen times yet each read feels like the first time every single time. It is by far theeee most inspiring, heartwarming, feel-good, honest books ever. It’s one of those rare gems that captures and comforts the soul at any age, at any given phase of one’s life..
I simply cannot wait for the day I get to share it with my future children. In fact, that will be the first gift to my kids, followed by ‘Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?, ‘Oh the Things You Can Think,’ and ‘If I Ran the Zoo!’ =)

May your books continue inspire those who are learning to read and those who read to learn. Oh, the places we’ll go and all the wonderful shades we hope to become all because of you!
Happy 107th Birthday to You!

-u.p.

---
“Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
Oh! The Places You’ll Go!”

-Dr. Seuss



No comments:

Post a Comment