Monday, January 03, 2011

I used to come here to forget.

He let me borrow his notebooks for one whole week. But I think his curiosities made him ugly.

You know what’s really cool?
When a mister gets down on his knees to listen to a child. If she had done the same, she would have known it really was a big problem.

I like sitting by the window, on one of those twirler high-chairs, staring at the white noise, and spin spin spin.

Let’s sit by the fan with a cool glass of lemonade, let the three petals blow our minds, lick ice cubes and later play Chinese jump ropes. Let’s even blow and wish on dandelions knowing it doesn’t really have to come true.

See, you could be twenty-five years old now but don’t you forget, you are also all those other twenties, teens and wonder years before (and maybe even after).
Really.
Don’t ever let them take that away from you.

Because sometimes when you hurt you’ll want to pull your knees to your chest, curl up the heart and never come out. And the only thing that might soothe the soul is being wrapped up in a Mom’s cradle as she softly strokes the tangled mess.

After a while, you stop counting and start being.
Just being.

I like waiting, waiting on the edge of anticipation, like waiting three whole days for my film to get washed. Jitter-bugs, butterflies and all those small pleasant surprises.

Pineapple nuts ice cream and tic-tac-toe while he’s still singing,

“all of my life where have you been
I wonder if I'll ever see you again...”

giggles, smiles, smell of Ferrari and fingers twining,

“and if that day comes I know we could win
I wonder if I’ll ever see you again...”

a dream unwrapping.

It’s a nice feeling, happiness, from the inside out.

Now I come here to remember.

-u.p.

(The lyrics in quotation are from "Again" by Lenny Kravitz)

No comments:

Post a Comment