Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pretzeled-heart

Cross-legged and maybe even cross-minded,
I’ve got my life scattered out on the floor,
Playing the remember whens' and connect-the-dots
With some keepsakes and snap-shut memories,
Lacing up a map of my own.

“Carve your heart out yourself,”

Mine would look a lot like a pretzel.

I wonder if they keep the person in mind while making these,
Tracing the bumps on Joy’s charm,
Because I think it would make a difference.

“Hopelessness is your cell
Since you've drawn out these lines
Are you protected from trying times?”


It's not always pleasant being part of somebody’s wish.
Especially if you're a wish against you,
An anti-wish of sort.
And did you know, some people, they can be like mosquitoes?
*scratches*
Huuuuuuuuge ones.
And then there are angels
But my angel has no halo.

“Man it takes a silly girl to lie about the dreams she has
Lord it takes a lonely one to wish that she had never dreamt at all”


Ever seen cloudy streaks in the sky?
The ones that look like empty rib cages?
They make me wonder,
Wonder what happens to lost souls,
And wonder how a person can just undo you,
With a gaze.

“Oh Look now, there you go with hope again
But I'll be sure your secret’s safe with me”


-u.p.

(The quotations in italics are lyrics to “Crave your heart out” by Dashboard Confessional)

No comments:

Post a Comment